gnome-session-3.14.0 will not start

Hi,

I compiled gnome-3.10.x from scratch and have used it for a year or so
without (too many) problems.

I recently recompiled the various packages to gnome-3.14.x, but I cannot get
gnome-session to start:

gnome-session[12651]: WARNING: Could not connect to ConsoleKit: Could not
get owner of name 'org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit': no such name
gnome-session[12651]: WARNING: Unable to find required component
'gnome-settings-daemon'

(gnome-session-failed:12701): Gdk-WARNING **: gnome-session-failed: Fatal IO
error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :0.0.

g_dbus_connection_real_closed: Remote peer vanished with error: Underlying
GIOStream returned 0 bytes on an async read (g-io-error-quark, 0). Exiting.

gnome-settings-daemon-3.14.2 is present, so I'm not sure why gnome-session
cannot find it, but the X server error is more of a concern.

Is this perhaps due to the xf86-video-intel-2.99.916 driver with sna
acceleration?

I tried with intel uxa acceleration, but gnome-session still would not start
- any troubleshooting hints would be much appreciated.

Regards
John