Re: ego website

hi;

On 22 April 2014 14:40, alex diavatis <alexis diavatis gmail com> wrote:
The question here is why GNOME Devs should explicitly review the extensions?

because extensions run in the same process space as the window
manager, which is a privileged piece of software.

Add a notice that we aren't responsible for the quality of extensions

this is not a matter of quality: it's a matter of shipping an
extension from a gnome.org website that can do whatever it wants with
the input and output of your system.

and let users review them.

this is even worse than not having anybody reviewing them.

If possible have just some automated tests.

it's not possible, unless you can write tools that manage to
understand the intent of the code.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.