Re: Display new filed bugs with bugbot on #gnome-shell

Hi Emmanuele,

Thanks for the tip, I didn't know that.

Still it's more convenient to my use case "catch" bugs while I'm available (active on IRC) rather than goign trought all the emails.
But I was also worried about the channel being too busy.

So if no one more have my use case, I guess I can adapt to current workflow with your tip on bugzilla.

Thanks!
Carlos Soriano

hi Carlos;

On 7 April 2014 08:46, Carlos Soriano Sánchez
<carlos soriano89 gmail com> wrote:

> Gnome shell has a big amount of filed bugs per day. I think that makes it
> uncontrolable for free-time contributors like me.
> But I think we(free time contributors) are still interested in new bugs to
> solve or to mark them as duplicated and do a little of bugzilla management.
> Subscribing to the mail list of bugzilla for gnome-shell causes to have an
> overhelming amount of bug reports in my mail box which I probably don't have
> time to look at.

you can control what kind of email you get sent by Bugzilla; if you go
to Preferences → Email preferences, you can tell Bugzilla to send you
an email only when creating a new bug.

it'd also be possible to create a new Bugzilla user with an email that
redirects where you want, let it receive notification only when bugs
are opened, and automatically subscribe the user to watch the
gnome-shell product.

I'm just worried about the #gnome-shell IRC channel being fairly high
traffic already, and adding more bot notifications may make it a bit
too much crowded.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--