Re: Keybinding changes in 3.8?

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 2:06 PM, Clemens <clemens lab21 org> wrote:
If I got it wright, it's enough to check if Main.wm.addKeybinding exist and
and otherwise use the 3.6.x version

Yes.

Only thing that's still unclear for me is what Meta.KeyBindingFlags and
Shell.KeyBindingMode do. I can not find real information about this on
https://developer.gnome.org/shell/3.8/. Would be great if you can tell us :)

Meta.KeyBindingFlags is documented (poorly) in at
https://developer.gnome.org/meta/3.8/meta-Preferences.html#MetaKeyBindingFlags.
In short:
- NONE: normal global keybindings (switch-workspace, toggle-message-tray, ...)
- PER_WINDOW: keybinding applies to a window (maximize, minimize, ...)
- REVERSES: keybinding can be "reversed" by pressing shift (alt-tab,
ctrl-alt-tab, ...)
- IS_REVERSED: as REVERSES, but binding start "backwards" (not used by default)

Shell.KeyBindingMode is indeed missing from the documentation, but
hopefully the code comments[0] are clear enough.

[0] https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-shell/tree/src/shell-keybinding-modes.h