Re: Shutdown Options

I want to thank everyone for the warm welcome. I appreciate the expedient response, as well.

The idea I have is to add a simple season manager to the shell so that users can manage how the open apps and documents are handled after a system restart.

The premise can be expanded to allow apps an opportunity to save their current state to disk so that they can be restored to those states when the system comes back up.

On May 18, 2013 2:11 AM, "Emmanuele Bassi" <ebassi gmail com> wrote:
hi;

On 18 May 2013 02:05, Jason Satterfield <jnsatterfield gmail com> wrote:

> So now for the reason of this post.  I've got an idea about a shutdown
> option, but after downloading the Gnome-shell source, I immediately realized
> that I'm not prepared to create an HTML5/_javascript_ extension.

Shell extensions are not HTML5/_javascript_. while they are written in
(a superset of) JS and may use (a subset of) CSS for styling, they are
not using HTML for their scene graph.

usually asking specific questions helps getting better answers, though.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name