Re: Input method options

On 13-05-06 11:55 AM, Owen Taylor wrote:
On Sat, 2013-05-04 at 22:08 +0200, Rui Tiago Cação Matos wrote:
On 4 May 2013 21:58, Bastien Durel <bastien durel org> wrote:
No, I'm using "English (US, international with dead keys)", so I can write
é, à, or ÿ characters. But with this layout, [']+[c] produces a ć (LATIN
SMALL LETTER C WITH ACUTE (U+0107)). To get the ç, I need to select the
"cedilla" input method.

You can type ç with AltGr+, (AltGr+comma)

The fact that there are some languages with ć and some with ç, was a
persistent problem until we introduced im-cedilla. How would we go about
restoring locale-sensitive behavior?

This is an excellent discovery. It's been bugging me for almost a year now, and I even opened a Launchbug bug for it:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gtk+3.0/+bug/1163023

Turns out it was ibus breaking things all along.

There is no way that '+c should produce anything other than ć. I'm referring to Compose-key behaviour, not AltGr. For AltGr behaviour, it is a smaller issue that is layout-specific.

--Pat