Re: Input method options

Le samedi 04 mai 2013 à 09:26 +0200, Clemens a écrit :
Am 03.05.2013 20:26, schrieb Bastien Durel:
Quoting Rui Tiago Cação Matos <tiagomatos gmail com>:
On 3 May 2013 17:16, Bastien Durel <bastien geekwu org> wrote:
The configuration panel for this option seems to have disappeared from
the keyboard configuration panel.

Which configuration panel is this? I don't remember this setting ever
being exposed anywhere in the UI.

Maybe there was not, and it basically "just worked" until now. But
there was a big panel with many input method related options in the
keyboard configuration : layout settings, or something like that
(options de l'agencement)

Just checked this on my Fedora 19 VM running 3.8.1. I can access the
settings from
"Keyboard" and from "Region and language". The UI has changed but looks
like it still
provides the same features.

Under my ubuntu (gnome-control-center 3.8.1), the options are very
limited :
http://ubuntuone.com/4xDhkgRJ5aSkUS8SAyv1WV

But actually, my question is "how to permanently configure the input
method session-wide"

[1] Actually, depending of application, the selector displays "System
(cedilla)" (in evolution, for exemple) or "system (simple)" (in gedit);
but cedilla does not work in evo nor gedit, although I select "cedilla"

Really? That's very odd. Are these 2 applications running in the same
GNOME session?

http://ubuntuone.com/54AHctGN5ZMbgXl599hAwR
http://ubuntuone.com/1OWDHMuZC0tihP9MXe2dAt

--