Another year, another summer of code!

It's almost April again, and as the new stable release reaches the
distributors, we're all looking forward for another exciting round of
development. But April means also that the student applications for
summer of code are open.
So, just like last year, I'm mailing you, GNOME Shell maintainers and
developers, in search of good ideas to keep my summer busy.
I see three main themes to provide inspiration:

- Wayland
  The release-team set this as a goal for 3.10, and there is so much
to do to reach feature parity with X11!
  Given that most of the compositing parts are already implemented,
this would be about one of the smaller features (listed in
l.g.o/Wayland/GnomeShell or l.g.o/Wayland/GTK+)

- Finishing features that we're dragging on from older releases
  From extension updates to magnifier improvements, there is some
stuff that we always planned for gnome-shell and never got around to
implement. This could be the right time.

- New gnome-shell features from the design
  If you look at the design pages in l.g.o, not all the mockups were
implemented in 3.8. So I can pick what you think is a priority.

Obviously, there is also a forth choice: you can say that gnome-shell
is wonderful as is, and my time is better spent somewhere else. I'm
open to suggestions in that case.

Cheers,

Giovanni