Re: Need GDBus Service file for org.gnome.Shell

Hello Bazon,

After reading this thread I became curious and poked
around the suspend/resume stuff in glib.  I put the
following bit of code in one of my extensions and
found that it worked to (1) notify of the suspend
sleep and (2) notify when the resume occurred.

const UPowerGlib = imports.gi.UPowerGlib;
.
.
. ...in a class init ...

        this._upClient = new UPowerGlib.Client();
        this._sigSleep = this._upClient.connect('notify_sleep',
Lang.bind(this, function() {
            log("SLEEP.................");
        }));
        this._sigResume = this._upClient.connect('notify_resume',
Lang.bind(this, function() {
            log("RESUME.................");
        }));
.
.
.... in the class destroy ...

        this._upClient.disconnect(this._sigSleep);
        this._upClient.disconnect(this._sigResume);

You may be able to attack your problem as Simon
suggests: "The correct solution is to fix the extension
so it doesn't need reloading."

Avoid the error by changing the state of your extension
on "sleep" and re-store its state on "resume".

Hope this is useful.

Good luck,
Norman