Re: AppMenu design feedback

On Sat, 2013-02-23 at 02:35 +0100, Florian Scandella wrote:

On 23/02/13 00:30, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:

If you make the case that something is not fulfilling or violating
the design goals then it should be put in as a bug.  Then it is up
to the designers and the maintainer to figure out what the right
solution is.  It might be the correct solution is remove AppMenu, or
perhaps the solution is to fix X11 in some shape way or form.
there are quite a few bug reports concerning this ... could'nt find
one with useful developer feedback (except to enable the fallback
mode)

Bugs I file regularly get resolved, so I don't know what your comment
about feedback means.  The bug on the app-menu and sloppy focus got
resolved, with a fair amount of commentary.

Bugzilla is a bug management tool, not a discussion forum.   Bugs needs
to be *specific* and actionable.

If you want to *discuss* design then I imagine you need to join the
design team.