Re: Turning off the screen shield in gnome-shell 3.8

On 25 April 2013 22:41, Reuben Thomas <rrt sc3d org> wrote:
On 25 April 2013 22:40, Norman L. Smith <nls1729 gmail com> wrote:
Reuben:

Take a look at org.gnome.desktop.session.idle-delay with deconf-editor.
If you use a laptop also see org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power.

Sorry if I'm being stupid, but I don't see what any of these have to do with the screen shield.

It occurs to me that maybe I'm unclear what I want: "screen shield" is, as I understand it, the name for the curtain that appears when you reactivate a screen that has switched off owing to being idle. In order to get back to your session, you have to lift the curtain. I find this a pain. In GNOME 3.6, it doesn't occur if you switch screen locking off, but in GNOME 3.8 it does. Bastien Nocera explains that this is intentional here:

http://www.hadess.net/2013/02/power-management-in-gnome-38.html

I would like to disable the screen shield, so I don't have to perform an extra action when reactivating a screen that has switched off.