Re: Moving newly created windows

Hi Clemens,

Il 10/09/2012 15:20, Clemens ha scritto:
hi,

in my extensions i use the following if to move windows:

    if (win.decorated) {
      win.move_frame(true, x, y);
    } else {
      win.move(true, x, y);
    }

Basically because there was/is (not sure in which version it's fixed) a
bug with move_frame on non decorated windows, but have you
tried move(true, x,y )?

After a lot of testing and debugging, i ended up with
    move(true, x,y)
and afterwords
   resize(true, width, height)
resize, and then move sometime behaves really strange...

hope this is useful :)

Hi really appreciate yours suggestions, though I also tried move with the same non-working results :(

In fact, if I install your extension and set up a rule for placing new terminal windows at x=30, y=50, width=100, height=50, the new terminals get resized, but they are not moved to such location.

Hence, I am seeing a consistent behaviour over the two extensions, and I wonder why it works for other people.

Alessandro