Creating composite PopupMenuItems

Hi all,

I'd like to create a PopupMenuItem that is basically a
PopupSwitchMenuItem (the label + toggle) and to the *left* of that, a
button and an icon.

Now if the button/icon were to the right I'd just create a
PopupSwitchMenuItem and call .addActor( theButton ) and .addActor(
theIcon ).

How can I insert these to the left instead? I could subclass
PopupBaseMenuItem and basically replicate the code of
PopupSwitchMenuItem but make sure that in _init I addActor my button
and icon *before* the label and toggle, but this seems to be not the
"right way" in that I have to copy the PopupSwitchMenuItem. i.e. I'd
be recreating the wheel (ie have to always make sure the code I copied
from PopuSwitchMenuItem remains consistent every time it changes)
instead of just using it.

Could I make a St.{something? Box? BoxLayout} and just add an
St.Button, St.Icon and then a PopupSwitchMenuItem to it? But would a
PopupMenu then be able to    addMenuItem this? I feel I'm missing
something simple.

cheers.