Behavior of authentication dialog in gnome shell
- From: Vamsi Krishna B <vamsikrishna brahmajosyula gmail com>
- To: gnome-shell-list <gnome-shell-list gnome org>
- Subject: Behavior of authentication dialog in gnome shell
- Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 23:18:46 +0530
I would like to discuss the behavior of authentication dialog in gnome shell (or gnome 3 in general).
1) Login screen:
I choose the user
Give the password.. (say a wrong one..)
The animation takes away the password textbox.. shows the authentication failure message and then returns back to the Users list.
2) Password prompting for admin tasks
I open Add/Remove programs (Fedora)
It prompts me for the password..
say I type a wrong password.. the dialog goes away ..
I feel a better way is to give the user 3 chances (like sudo does) before terminating the authentication dialog in both cases.
I am not sure if this is discussed already in the list.. If so, someone please guide me to the archive.
] [Thread Prev