Re: How to see your extensions submitted for the first time on e.g.o? & recommendations.

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 3:16 AM, Jasper St. Pierre
<jstpierre mecheye net> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 3:13 AM, Amy C <mathematical coffee gmail com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've just taken the leap of submitting a few extensions to
>> extensions.gnome.org (gulp!).
>>
>> In the mean time, I found that I had omitted a line from one of them.
>> I thought I'd visit the review page for the extension on e.g.o and
>> either see if there was an option to upload a better version, or at
>> the very least I'd add a comment saying "there's one line missing, it
>> goes there" etc so that the reviewer doesn't waste time
>> reviewing/rejecting the extension for the one line I know I've missed.
>>
>> However, I cannot seem to find the review page for the extensions I
>> submitted, or indeed any indication at all that the submit succeeded!
>>
>> This is probably only an issue when first uploading an extension,
>> before the extension gets its own official page in e.g.o.
>>
>> So I'd like to ask/recommend the following:
>> - author gets sent an automated email upon extension uploading saying
>> "Yes, we received your extension. Its review page is <insert link
>> here> and it will be reviewed in time. You will be emailed the results
>> ... <etc>".
>>  At least that way I can find my way back to the review page to leave
>> a comment if need be, or adjust the description.
>
> We already send email to reviewers. I could submit it to the extension
> author as well.
>
>> - when I look at my profile, it has "mathematical.coffee has
>> authored:" and nothing else. This makes me confused - I have submitted
>> 3 extensions, all of which are still in review, and none have shown
>> up. I assume the "authored" list means "has submitted, been reviewed,
>> and approved"?
>
> Yes.
>
> In that case, could there be a bit in the profile
>> (visible to just the user) saying "you have the following extensions
>> under review: " with a link to the review page so that I can find it?
>
> I can do that, yes.

This is done.

>> It is possible that the above two are already implemented, in which
>> case it appears that I didn't upload my extensions properly.
>> In this case, I'm not sure how it's done - I uploaded the zip file and
>> got to the preview page where you get to modify the text/screenshot if
>> you like.
>> However I was unsure what to do next - is that it? I can just leave
>> that page and assume everything's been submitted?

Yes.

>> I find that this
>> page does not make clear that you're finished.
>> Could it either:
>> - have a 'submit' button saying "yes I'm happy with the current
>> screenshot/description/title, please submit this for review", OR

We used to do this, but people didn't hit the "Submit" button, even
with a lot of prompting, so we removed the intermediate step.

>> - a line of text saying "all your changes are automatically saved,
>> when you're happy you can leave this page (and here's a link to the
>> extension's review page for future reference)" -- just for silly
>> people like me who are new to the whole process?

I'm working with the designers on a redesign that should make this
process a lot more clear.