Re: Limit gnome 3 panel to just one monitor?

Matt Jorde <majorde gmail com> writes:

Hi Matt,

> I have 2 monitors of different size an resolution next to each
> other. The Gnome3 header and footer panels are both spanning across
> both monitors such that the clock is split between the monitors, and
> half of the new media notifications are hidden in the dead zone of one
> of the monitors so I can't read the options.

I think the panel should be on only one output by default.  And in the
Displays settings, you should be able to drag and drop the panel to the
output you like.

If that doesn't work for you, then it might be possible that you don't
have the XRandR X11 extension on your system.  I'm not sure, but it may
be possible that you also need to have the Xinerama extension...

Bye,
Tassilo