Re: Customizing Gnome shell extensions during the installation

On 28 July 2012 04:16, Danishka Navin <danishka gmail com> wrote:
> still i could not enable the gnome shell extensions and also to enable right
> click option on the desktop.
>
> ....glib-2.0/schemas/org.gnome.shell.gschema.override file contain following
> content but no luck extensions and desktop right lick option
>
> but button-layout, show-date, show-seconds are working

Not entirely sure about this, but with the 'enabled-extensions' key,
putting extensions in that key allows them to be loaded but doesn't
always actually enable them - the user has to do this themselves via
gnome-tweak-tool.

About the desktop, I believe you also need
'org.gnome.desktop.background' 'show-desktop-icons' to true ("Have
file manager handle the desktop").

Good luck.