Question about gsettings in relation to gnome-shell extensions.

Hi all,

I like to know a few extra things about gsettings that I was not able
to find in google.

First of all, where on the filesystem can I find the gsettings database?

Second, I want to know how a gnome-shell extension react to it's
settings in the database.
Are the settings live, so that I can change a setting and that the
extension will automatically pick it up when it requests a key/settings
pair.
Or are the settings loaded once at the initialisation fase of the
extension and that the extension has to be reloaded to see the new
settings.
Or is there a event fired when settings changed?

Third-related to the second question, is there a way to give a command
from or share info between the new gnome-shell extension preferences
box and the extension.

--
(o_
//\  Regards, Groeten,