Re: World clock for Gnome shell

Hi,

Are there any updates on the clocks app? I am willing to test the
alpha/beta app !
Also, this means that the user will have to open the clocks app and
will not have the world clock integrated into the desktop.

My suggestion is that once the clocks app is launched, clicking on
close minimizes it to the system tray (like banshee).
Mouse over (or click) on the notification icon should show the time in
the configured places, and status of alarms, stopwatches etc.
This way, the user will not have to Alt-Tab everytime to use the
clocks app and remain focused in his current application.

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 11:48 AM, elison niven gmail com
<elison niven gmail com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 11:32 AM, Seif Lotfy <seif lotfy com> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 6:27 AM, elison niven gmail com
>> <elison niven gmail com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I really miss the world clock feature present in Gnome 2.
>>>
>>> Searching for World clock for gnome shell gives this :
>>>
>>> http://justinstories.wordpress.com/2011/05/26/ready-for-gnome-3-2-world-clock-comes-to-gnome-shell/
>>> and
>>> https://live.gnome.org/Design/Apps/Clock
>>>
>>> The first link design has been abandoned.
>>> The second link shows a lot is been thought for this feature in Gnome
>>> shell. And I find it really cool.
>>> My question is will be having this (any of the tentative designs) in
>>> Gnome 3.4 scheduled for release in April 2012?
>>>
>>> Thanks and Best Regards,
>>> Elison
>>

>> Hey Elison,
>> I am working on implementing the tentative designs and hope to have it done
>> within the next week or two. Someone will have to review my work then. So
>> stay tuned...
>> Cheers
>> Seif
>
> Hi,