Alternate-tab extension: bring each selected window to the front

Hi,

One habit I can't change for Gnome3 is the application based alt+tab.
I'm using the alternate-tab extension but I found sometimes is pretty
hard to find the right window by title.

The alternate-tab extension with the attached patch brings each window
to the front in turn as Alt+Tab is pressed if this behaviour is
enabled; see http://youtu.be/h8MychGxObI
It's much more comfortable in many situations without drawbacks.

What do you think about this behaviour? Is there a better way to
implement or achieve it? (I know about hotkey "switch windows of an
app directly" but that brings back the application based behaviour
what I dislike.)

(To enable: gsettings set org.gnome.shell.extensions.alternate-tab
highlight-selected true)