Re: Gnome Shell Extensions isn't shipped with Gnome Shell, WHY?!

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 8:31 AM, Pedro Bessa <pedbessa gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

Hi there!  Thanks for the suggestions.  There are some short term issues with people adjusting to GNOME shell but I think the experience is going to improve vastly in 3.6.

I think there is an underlying debate on whether you want to make changes up front and in your place or slowly make the conversion by putting familiar UI components and then slowly removing them over time.

I don't know what the right way to go about it since this hasn't been done quite this way before.

I like your idea of showing off extensions some how, but I don't think having a launcher on the desktop is the best way as it conflicts with the distraction free computing by adding clutter to the desktop root window.

Still interesting stuff.

sri

There are two things you can do:

1. Ship Gnome Shell with the Dash to Dock extension and a hack to add
minimize and maximize
, so people won't have problems.

2. Put a launcher "Change Gnome Now" to http://extensions.gnome.org/
in desktop