Re: prefs.js importing Main complains about not finding Meta

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 3:07 PM, Amy C <mathematical coffee gmail com> wrote:
> However I'm only importing Main because I want to query
> `Main.panel._leftBox.get_children().length`

Independent from Meta not being in the typelib path, this won't work -
external processes don't have access to gnome-shell's memory (where
objects like Main.panel "live"). This is why the extension system
exists in the first place (rather than just providing a library for
"tweak-apps" to use) ;-)

Cheers,
Florian