Gnome Shell "Type to search" matching is slow

Hello!
My method to open a new program is usually: press Super key, type
name, click on icon.
This process isn't as fast as it could since there is a slow down
while I type the name and the match is done (1 or 2 seconds, >5 more
if the CPU is busy).

It would seem the text matching thread is the same as the graphical
thread and since icons take time to be drawn the input box doesn't
receive the keystrokes to match the rest until the icons are drawn.
That means I have something like 'g' -> slow down -> 'e' -> less slow
-> 'dit' before I can finally click the gedit icon.

Is this a known bug?
Is there anyway to help debug the issue?

Thanks in Advance,
--
Pedro