Re: Application names in the (bottom) notification area.

Go into the overview, launch the looking glass (Alt+F2 lg), click the
eye dropper and then click on the icon (make sure the center label
says ShellTrayIcon), and then enter into the evaluator:

    it.title

What does it say?

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 9:17 PM, Christian Dysthe <cdysthe gmail com> wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Apr 2012 18:49:34 -0500, Jasper St. Pierre
> <jstpierre mecheye net> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 7:46 PM, Christian Dysthe <cdysthe gmail com>
>> wrote:

>>> I checked Cinnamon again since I just updated it to v1.4 and it has been
>>> in
>>> heavy development lately. Now his particular program, which btw is Linux
>>> Mint's updater, doesn't a name associated with it in Cinnamon at all.
>>> It's
>>> just the icon. But in Gnome Shell it's still'update.py' when you hover
>>> over
>>> it. The other program is called 'HPLIP Status Service' in Cinnamon, but

--
  Jasper