Application names in the (bottom) notification area.

Hi,

I have a couple of application which stays in the (bottom) notification area. In Gnome 2 they were named "Update Manager" and "HP Printer Manager", but in Gnome Shell their names are "update.py" and "hp-toolbox". I think that's their executable file names. Why aren't they named like they are in Gnome 2 or all other DE's I've used (Cinnamon, Unity, KDE, LXDE and XFCE)? Is there a way I can get Gnome Shell to show their application name instead of the executable file name?

I'm running Gnome 3.2 on Linux Mint Debian Edition UP4 x64.

--
//Christian