Help needed developing a FolderView extension

Hi,

I'm learning gnome-shell, St and this stuff now, so I'm quite new with
gnome-shell coding.

My long term target is to develop a FolderView for gnome-shell
desktop, implemented as an extension.

I have a somehow working box displayed in the desktop background
showing the bookmarks.
But there are 2 important problems:
- how can I make box to appear at back, not in front of other windows?
- stylesheet is not applied, but can't understand why?

Code is: https://inigo.katxi.org/misc/tmp/folderview%40katxi.org.tar.gz

It looks there is not a Grid widget in St. I've tried to use one I've
found in ui/iconGrid.js but with no luck.
Is there any example apart from appDisplay code?

Thanks,
Iñigo Serna