Feature proposal: Save/restore-at-login workspace state.

Hello.

I would like to propose a new feature fon gnome-shell: What about being
able to save the state of a workspace (opened apps/files and maybe
window geometry) in order to automatically restore this state on login
in the future?

As a use case, I can tell my own history: Every day, when I switch on my
laptop, the first thing I do is to open rhythmbox and evolution keeping
exclusively those two apps in the first workspace. It would be nice if
when I login, the first workspace were already populated by those two
apps.

Here is a simple mockup of what this feature might look like:
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3766/screenshotat20111010133.png

What do you think?

Thank you for your awesome work :)