RE: How to disconnect a broadband connection?

Hi,

> I connect my laptop to the internet at times using a broadband
> connection. I can't figure out how to disconnect the connection using
> the connection menu, I was expecting a "disconnect" option but didn't
> find it. I also noticed that I con't disconnect from any other type of
> connection, I have to turn it off apparently (which doesn't work for
> broadband by the way).

I can confirm that switching wired to 'off' does not disable my wired connection
(Fedora 16). Gabriel - did you end up filing a bug for this somewhere?

Regarding the general inability to disconnect from specific networks, I have
been bitten by this a few times too. For example, while travelling, I connect my
laptop to a mobile phone via bluetooth (DUN). When I get to somewhere with WiFi
access and connect to that instead, I have no way to disable my mobile internet.

/Aaron