Copy-paste doesn't work with ALT + F2

Hi,

I'm a new user of Gnome shell, using on Ubuntu 11.10.  My problem is
this: I have copied a very long path to some folder and I want to open
it.  I hit ALT+F2 and try to paste it using CTRL + V or CTRL + Y or
middle-click of mouse. None of them seem to work. It was working in
2.x though. I don't want to type the 110 characters in the AL+F2 's
small text entry box. Am I missing something ? Thanks for any help !

PS: Hope this is the right mailing list for such sort of questions !

Regards,
-- Satish