Re: How to move a window to another workspace using the mouse

(Sorry for the off-list reply, gmail changed everything around and I
was confused)

The overview is for window management. I'm not sure why you would want
to move windows to another workspace without going to the overview,
but there's an option accessible by right-clicking on the titlebar.

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 7:23 PM, Gabriel <rossetti gabriel gmail com> wrote:
> Hi Jasper,
>
> thanks for the response, I meant without having to go to the overview.
>
> Thanks,
> Gabriel
>
> On 11/02/2011 12:20 AM, Jasper St. Pierre wrote:
>>
>> In the overview. Just click and drag to another workspace. You can
>> either drag the small thumbnails or the large thumbnails.
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 7:18 PM, Gabriel<rossetti gabriel gmail com>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I was showing Gnome Shell to a Unity defector and he asked me something,
>>> how
>>> to move a window to another workspace using the mouse, but not the
>>> "right-click->move to desktop X" way, something more natural, like
>>> dragging
>>> the window. i also know it can be done when the activity button is
>>> activated, but he was asking about doing it without having to use that.
>>>
>>>  I realize this will pose problems with the north part of the screen
>>> being
>>> used to maximize the window, but maybe if the user keeps the mouse
>>> against
>>> it for more than X seconds it switches to the next desktop? This should
>>> pose
>>> no problems wuth the south side of the screen. Is there a way to do this
>>> already?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Gabriel