Re: Gnome 3 vs scientists (ie., external monitor problem)

Le mardi 31 mai 2011 à 11:19 +0100, Artur Wroblewski a écrit :
> with all the respect, but that's not so easy
> - the switch to fallback mode requires logout
Sure, but I fail to see how this is an issue. If the Shell doesn't work
and you want to use the fallback mode, a one time log out isn't the end
of the world. Then you'll use GNOME3+fallback instead of GNOME2 until
3.2 or new drivers are out, not a big deal.

> - the fallback mode is buggy on some cards it seems
Bug reports ? Fallback mode is merely gnome-panel+metacity, like in
GNOME2, they should work as well as before (plus, drivers have probably
improved in recent distributions).

Cheers