Gnome shell and SLI

Hello everyone,

I've been using Gnome Shell with Archlinux for a month now without any
problems but today when I enabled SLI it didn't turn out as expected.

First of all, the overall experience was really slow, animations were
laggy and the overview took 8-10 seconds to open. Also, the X Server
froze after a minute of running, leaving Ctrl+Alt+Backspace as my only
option.

For now I disabled SLI and it seems to be working fine, I don't really
need the extra performance but I was curious if this is a Gnome bug or a
x.org bug and if anyone else is experiencing this.

I am testing this with two GTX460 with 756MB of VRAM each. Any clues?