Re: New system monitor extension

seems like a very nice idea! i'd welcome a weather applet integrated with the clock. in fact, it could be part of the base system too. also (and this might just be me) right now when i open down the clock applet, half of dropdown bubble is empty, since i don't keep my events and calendar in evolution. it would be nice if there was a chance of choosing what to display there, or it could be flipped to show detailed weather info, instead of calendar events and tasks.
system monitor on the other hand would be perfectly fine and coherent, if it was displayed as an icon in the top-right corner, where you could get a detailed dropdown view on clicking it.

Just thinking out loud, but it'd be nice to see alternative approaches
to showing these things - system info, weather - than just re-creating
applets. Has anyone thought of writing an extension that adds these
somewhere else, like to the overview somehow? Or for weather, to the
clock?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey