Re: Using the super/windows key for keybindings

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Koppányi Tamás <kornenator gmail com> wrote:
> i am guessing these basic hotkeys are hardcoded in the interface, like Alt+'
> also, which in my case is Alt+0, since i am using a hungarian keyboard, but
> it works nevertheless, unlike these Ctrl+Y and other keybindings of brosers
> for example.

I believe there's special code in gnome-shell for finding "the key
above tab" using actual keyboard geometry, so that seems to be a
special case, and is not the norm. There's a special event handler for
pressing super *without* any other keys as well (for the overview
mode), but as far as I can tell that shouldn't affect key combinations
:/

> please keep in mind that laptops don't have right super key, so writing
> extensions that use that key cannot be used by people whi have laptops.
> T.

Fair point. I hope to make the bindings customiseable, but would like
the default mappings to use the windows key (since it is the least
likely to clash with applications)