Persistant Activities Menu

Initially after starting my computer, I usually want to start a few
applications, so I start Firefox, then the activities menu closes, then
I open it and start Evolution, then the activities menu closes, then I
open it and start Liferea. You get the picture.

I think the best solution to this would be to allow the Super key to be
held down and keep the Activities menu open while launching
applications?

Any thoughts,

Chris