Re: Critical Notifications

On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 2:55 AM, Christopher Baines <cbaines8 gmail com> wrote:
When using notify-send to deliver critical notifications from a bash
script, I noticed that they do not really have the urgency I imagined.
They just seam to be a bit more persistent, I would think it better if
they flashed, pulsed or both.

Any thoughts,

My two cents is that having stuff like pulses and flashes defeats the purpose of "distraction free" design as it would be open to abuse.  Critical notifications IMHO should always be only system events or events that that lead to data loss.  Battery, disk full, etc.

sri