Re: Dialog box locked to under title bar. Can we make it fade?

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 12:23 PM, G. Michael Carter
<mikey carterfamily ca> wrote:
> Maybe a quick hot key to undock?   There's already a config option for it,
> can it be activated on the fly?

That sounds very akward to me. If the dialog is shading some info that
you need to see, then clearly this is wrong UI and this should be
addressed first, instead of adding workarounds to move the dialog (in
my opinion, of course).
So for instance, I think the replace dialog in Gedit will go away for
3.2. The search dialog already went away on 3.0. It would be nice to
see all the Use cases where you need to move the dialog to see if
whether there is a better option for this dialog.
Greets

José