Launching Terminal application freezes the GUI

Hi everyone,

I have installed Gnome 3 on ubuntu 11.04 and I am so far very happy
about it.
I however noticed that when I launch a terminal application, it takes 6
to 7 seconds before it is ready to use and in the meantime, the whole
user interface of frozen.
For such a small application, it seems a bit long (especially because I
don't have the same behaviour with other applications, including larger
ones such as evolution).
Has anyone experienced the same problem?

Kind regards,

Ben