Re: Key bindings with "Windows" key not working after GNOME 3

Had I searched for just one more couple of minutes, I would have found
this question at SuperUser:

http://superuser.com/questions/278999/problem-mapping-keyboard-shortcuts-in-gnome3

I got my shortcuts to work doing what is described there (mapping Left
Win key to Meta under 'Region and Languages'); I believe that I didn't
need that in GNOME 2.

Regardless of that, would it be plausible to make the Win key do both
things -- work as a modifier and as a 'standalone' key, just like in MS
Windows (pressing the Win key alone opens up the Start menu, but the
Win key can also be used as a modifier for some actions)? Or does it
depend on something deeper, not just on GNOME Shell?