Key bindings with "Windows" key not working after GNOME 3

Today I updated to GNOME 3 with GNOME Shell, and after a while I noticed
that some of my keybindings, made via xbindkeys, didn't work anymore --
namely the key combinations that involved a Mod4 (the Super_L, or
"Windows logo" key). In GNOME Shell, the Windows Logo key alone is bound
to the "desktop overview" activity, and it seems that it is shadowing
all the shortcuts that involve it as a modifier (for example, I use Mod4
+ Arrow keys for controlling my media player all the time, or Mod4 for
launching Firefox). I also tried setting some of those launcher
shortcuts in the 'Keyboard > Shortcuts' GNOME Control Center applet, but
those weren't triggered either.

In the fallback interface (that is, without the GNOME Shell) both kinds
of shortcuts (GNOME shortcuts and xbindkeys shortcuts) work as they
should. This is really annoying to me; has it been reported already? Is
there a workaround, such as disabling the Windows key as a shortcut for
the desktop overview (there are at least two other ways to do the same
thing)?

Cheers,
  Eduardo