Re: We want task bar back. Pretty please.

Damn it gnome 3 developers. Because of you I'm getting work done faster and spending less time dicking around with my computer everyday. I know your thinking "oh well we did our job then" Well maybe you did it a little too well. What would have normally taken me all day is getting done in two hours. So now i just sit at my computer most of the day staring at it trying to look busy so my boss will leave me alone.

There, now you have someone complaining about how much better gnome-shell is.

Foor

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 1:36 PM, G. Michael Carter <mikey carterfamily ca> wrote:

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 1:28 PM, Denys Vlasenko <dvlasenk redhat com> wrote:
On Thu, 2011-05-05 at 13:25 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-05-05 at 19:22 +0200, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> > On Thu, 2011-05-05 at 13:03 -0400, G. Michael Carter wrote:
> > > When F15 is release we should put this DL on auto-reply.   So many of
> > > these "I don't like Gnome 3" e-mails and they all end the same way.
> > Does it ring some sort of bell when you receive 'many "I don't like
> > Gnome 3" e-mails'? The key word is "many".
> > > I've seen the lack of a menu come up so many times
> > What does it tell to a developer when he sees the same complaint
> > coming up again and again?

Means we're only seeing part of the story?    How many people are complaining on this list because they like Gnome 3?  There are just as many people who like the current layout.   The fact it keeps coming up again and again means people just can't let go or are close minded?

> That some user's don't read the documentation?   That's is half a joke,
> and half serious.

Wrong.

Well right, in my opinion,  as far as the don't read.  This discussion is in the archives of this list many many times.   Why does it have to come up again?