Re: Slow search in Gnome-shell

Le jeudi 05 mai 2011 à 12:24 -0400, Jasper St. Pierre a écrit :
> Do we do a linear scan of the things GtkRecentManager, looking for a
> string match? Hopefully we can switch over to sqlite or whatever
> Zeitgeist uses then.
String matching doesn't take seconds, even on thousands of files, does
it? (If that's indeed the case, the Shell could stop loading recent
files after reaching some maximum...)

Erick, what exact version of the Shell are you using? A bug was fixed
recently about entries being created for all results, even the ones not
being shown. It could be that bug.

Cheers