Re: issues under Ubuntu

On Wednesday, 04 May, 2011 08:50 AM, Cyril Arnaud wrote:
I have to agree.
Using Gnome-Shell and Ubuntu is really a pain in the ...
It is expected. Ubuntu officially does not yet support GNOME Shell AFAIK.
Don't get me wrong, I loved all the Ubuntu releases so far, but this one ...
Since when can't we choose the desktop of our choice ? That's the main reason why I am using linux : choice.
If I don't get that ... then I'll move to F15 :)
Yes, you are exactly exercising your rights to make that choice. Ubuntu was just exactly doing that and made their home to Unity.  For the meantime, F15 is the best way to go, second I think is OpenSUSE if you need GNOME Shell badly.

Regards,
Allan