issues under Ubuntu

Hi!

I just installed gnome3 with the gnome-shell form the ppa available for natty narwhal, but there are some minor issues with it.

- First of all, the system doesn't remember screen brightness setting. Even though i set it up in the gui, and it seems to save it, but every time i login, the screen is on maximum brightness.
- Second, there are some icons missing from the top panel, namely the network indicator icons (wifi and bluetooth), and i'm not sure why. Also the icon for ibus input method is down on the notification bar, unlike under suse/fedora live (gnome3 edition).

Can somebody please help me how to solve these issues?