Re: Unity feature I'd like to see in Gnome-Shell

Except that it's only a minor regression for those with massive screens, negligible (I still prefer it) for those with average screens, and it's a seriously huge advantage for the plethora of small screened devices out there.

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 9:48 AM, John Stowers <john stowers lists gmail com> wrote:

> Also, the idea of a global menu bar is that it's much closer to your
> mouse than when inside an application window, as per Fitt's Law.

Oh I understand the theory, I just think it is *completely wrong* when
applied to a workflow containing either/any of

1) A very large screen
2) Non-maximised or non top-left anchored windows

Admittedly g-s doesn't really encourage #2 that well at the moment, but
the Unity global menu does a much better job of making my life misery
than g-s removing minimize button/window list.

John