Re: new calendar idea for gnome-shell

On Fri, 2011-03-25 at 13:49 +0200, Pierre Benz wrote:

> I know that some work is going into the use of Zeitgeist wrt
> searching, but I was thinking there must be a nice way of using the
> idea behind the Activity Journal and incorporating it directly into
> the shell.

This is actually happening!  It's in the "journal" branch here:

http://gitorious.org/~federicomenaquintero/gnome-shell/gnome-shell-federico

I haven't pushed this to git.gnome.org as part of the existing
"zeitgeist" branch because the Journal is still very un-functional.  As
soon as it does useful things (e.g. letting you click on past documents
to launch them), I'll push it to git.gnome.org.  I'm still at the state
of "make it draw things to the screen", but not yet at "I can actually
use this everyday to start getting a feel for it" :)

There is actually a very detailed design for the journal:
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Design/Whiteboards/FindingAndReminding

Seif Lotfy started implementing that in
http://seilo.geekyogre.com/2010/12/revisiting-gnome-shell-zeitgeist/ -
I'm just continuing his work.