Re: Taskbar replacement

On 03/20/2011 10:11 PM, Jasper St. Pierre wrote:
Because the mockup/screenshot took a minute or two to come up, here's
a mirror: http://i.imgur.com/MPqe2.png

Thanks man

Most people who are asking for a "taskbar" are really asking for an
easier way to switch windows. Speaking on my own, I really, really
like this idea, with a few caveats:

:)
1) I don't like the way you trigger it: it will probably frustratng
that touching the top of the screen by accident is a bit 'destructive'
in terms of workflow, but that can be fixed.
2) It's a bad idea that all the window close buttons are lined up like
that, so we should probably hide the close button on all windows but
the current one.
3) What happens with skinny windows? Will they just have a really,
really big title bar? What about windows that have a specified max
size?

Very genuine considerations.  Any ideas? I mean, for me the concept of emerging title bars is what I'm marketing here. I didn't consider details.
Having the "title bar" be a lookalike would probably be better: when
you trigger it, a window list of lookalike window decorations, without
close buttons, slides down, 'pushing' the current window down, and
selecting a window fades the real window you selected in.

I'm trying to paint a mental picture of your description but its blurry.  Could you make a sketch?  A rough pencil sketch should get my rusty imaginative capabilities back online.  Then I might be able to enhance it.