Taskbar replacement

O-k-a-y!  With all the fuss going on about '*the need for the taskbar*' and all what not ... I came up with an idea that might satisfy both the Gnome2 fans and the proponents of Gnome3.  I don't know if anyone has suggested this but this is how it goes:

1. Take the mouse to the Gnome bar at the top (anywhere but not on activities, application, calendar, NM, etc.  Any empty space)
2. All open windows minimise to a full title bar except the active one (in front)
3. User can now click on the title bar of choice
4. Done ... everybody is happy :)

Xtra:
5. Mouse wheel over the Title bars to flip through the windows (cycle through them for a new 'active' window)

That ensures that the Taskbar is not there but the functionality is still somewhat implemented.  Is this childish or what?

Here is a sample created off some screenshots I made:
http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=10112

reactions please.