Re: mutter tiling

> Sadly,
> they have other dragons to slay right now and heading into 3.2. It's a
> good thing that this is an FOSS project and anyone can submit
> features/patches (I've done my share to expose a few methods in
> mutter, but there's much to be done still). I've found the team to be
> very constructive and receptive to patches, thus far.

A quick follow-up to this, as well: A big, missing piece of
extensibility right now is there's no way to do custom keybindings (or
keybindings of any kind, really) from javascript. All of the
keybinding that is used for gnome-shell/mutter keyboard functionality
is hacked together in C. There's needs to be a longterm, holistic fix
on this front before we can even talk seriously about doing serious
gnome-shell extensibility (and will most likely require coordination
with one-or-more core team members to make sure this doesn't screw a
bunch of other stuff up, as it's likely to touch a lot of places in
the code).

Cheers