Re: Window controls for GNOME 3

On 2 Mar 2011, at 04:23, Robert Park wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 7:35 PM, Ryan Peters <sloshy45 sbcglobal net> wrote:
>> Last I checked, virtually every device with a trackpad has some sort of
>> physical mouse button for this very purpose (laptops and whatnot).
>
> O RLY?
>
> http://www.google.ca/images?q=buttonless%20trackpad&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1671&bih=945

Can't speak for the others, but the Apple laptop trackpads shown there do have a physical button, they're just styled to look as though they don't. But they absolutely do physically 'click' when you use them, and unlike the old Macs that did only have one separate, physical trackpad button, you can do both left and right clicks with the 'buttonless' ones as well.

Cheeri,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON, Interaction Designer     Oracle Corporation Ireland Ltd.
mailto:calum benson oracle com         Solaris Desktop Team

Any opinions are personal and not necessarily those of Oracle Corp.